Thursday, January 29, 2015

Kidding Countdown

Someone asked this morning when we were expecting kids. I said "3 weeks" then looked at my calendar. Holy Smokes! We could have kids on the ground in as few as 10 days!

Somehow the next three Saturdays are booked. I don't have an extravagant social life and I try not to schedule anything during kidding season and now I'm going to be out and about? I've made it quite clear that if I have a doe in labor, that comes before anything else.

Alice, my only goat still in milk, only gave me a pint yesterday. That's not even enough for breakfast around here. I'm ready to get the milk flowing again.

Yesterday I received the draft of the article SouthScapes Magazine is doing on me. I am so excited that this is actually going to happen. It is supposed to be published in their spring edition as part of a series on people using their Ag educations for sustainable living.

I've been trying to get a jump on soaps and lotions for the farmers market before things get crazy. Last week I made a batch of body butter. I also ordered stickers for all my labels. It was a bit costly, but should save me a lot of prep time each week. Labeling on Fridays is always such a drag.


No comments:

Post a Comment