Monday, November 2, 2015

Gray Day


Rainy days = dirty barn. Everything is a mucky mess with these girls hunkering down out of the rain. They were very happy for a bag of dry shavings. 


Today is 23 days since we artificially inseminated Betty Buttercup. She's shown no sign of being in heat, so I'm hoping my first AI was a success! I've been stuffing the girls full of alfalfa to get weight on Ilona and Buttercup's production has spiked back up. I think we'll do one more milk test on her and Maddy before calling it a year.
Ilona is the only doeling not yet at 80 pounds. The other four are averaging over 90 lbs. Illi will go back in heat a week from Friday and I'd really like to be able to breed her this month. I just keep stuffing her full of alfalfa. She's growing.

All the other girls should be bred now. Kami is the only one I'm having a tough time getting settled. She's been through three heat cycles now. Fingers crossed she's pregnant this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment