Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Thank God for Ducks

It's still raining. I feel like hibernating. My chickens are on strike. People keep asking me for eggs and I don't even have enough for my holiday baking. Enough chicken eggs that is. The ducks are rocking along. Only problem is, now that I've raided this nest, they'll find another place to lay and I'll be lucky to find it.


We lost two out of three of Mallard Claire's last brood. The last little guy is getting so big. His voice started changing yesterday. "Cheep, cheep, cheep, QUACK". He finally decided to leave the safety of the coop and explore the big bad world with the other ducks. I just hope he found his way back in the coop last night! We were decorating the Christmas tree until after 10:00, so didn't check to be sure he found his way home. I hope he turns up today.









1 comment:

  1. So cute! When we buy the land next door we are going to build a pond and I'm getting ducks ;)

    ReplyDelete