Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Out to Pasture

The meaties have just moved into their new digs. I had hoped to get them out of the brooder (aka the food storage area of my chicken coop) on Saturday but we've had nearly 3 inches of rain in the last three days. I didn't want the little chubs to drown!
Clyde the duck has been showing the others how to eat grass and bugs. He's also taken a couple of laps around the waterer. Looks like I'll be changing out the water more than I'd expected.


This afternoon we're off to look at goats and get some goat milk for cheeses. I'm not sure where I'm going to fit cheese making into this week, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

1 comment:

  1. My friend and I were just trying to convince her boyfriend to allow us to get a goat. Glad that you had better luck in the convincing department than we did lol. So cute that the duck is teaching the others about foraging ;)

    ReplyDelete