Monday, August 12, 2013

Updates

I'm back, I'm back.

The fleas are about licked. I'm still picking a couple a day off the cats, but my ankles aren't being chewed anymore. I still need to vacuum every other day- it's been 3 days since I've vacuumed. Fail.


Unhappy kitty after a flea bath.

Weekend before last, we had a butcher day. 49 Cornish X met their demise.


I packaged some of these as cut-ups for my family. It's so nice to be able to go to the freezer and grab a pack of breasts or leg quarters.

I have still been on my cheese making journey. The crottin turned out so good!


A beautiful bloomy rind.


Lovely smooth textured paste with a delicious goaty flavor.

I also made chevre wrapped in bourbon-soaked fig leaves. It's about time to try one of these. I'll let you know how it is.


Today's project is a Valençay. I am going to have to sell some of these. There's no way I can eat it all!

Homeschool started last week. It's going really well. I'm happy with the new curriculum choices I made- Saxon for math and Sonlight for English. It's been easy to organize and we are rocking and rolling through it.

Better go, it's after 10 and I haven't milked. Poor goats. I do have some extra milk this week if anyone is interested.



1 comment:

  1. The cheese looks good as do your chickens. Our public skool B startn today.

    ReplyDelete