Sunday, July 13, 2014

Cheese Class

Saturdays are so busy! I get up at 6:30 to get the chores done and book it off to the farmers market. I usually need a nap when I get back home.


A few weeks ago, a friend asked if I would be willing to teach a cheese making class. I hadn't done one in over a year. Last class I did, the garbage disposer broke, flooded the kitchen cabinet, and we were forced to get water from the laundry room!


I told my friend that I'd do it and told her of my small fee and the requirement that everyone bring a bottle of wine. We had the class late yesterday afternoon after Market (and after my nap).


What I great time and a great group of people. We had 6 people attend including a couple who drove three hours to attend on their 22nd Anniversary! I just love it when you get a group of people together who really hit it off.


Everyone left happy, full of cheese, and armed with the ingredients and the directions to make a dozen more batches of mozzarella at home. Some people even stayed to milk the goats.


I've already had people ask if I'll do another one, and after this great experience, the answer to that is yes!


If you are interested in coming to a class, let me know and we'll work out a date. We made mozzarella this time but we could conceivably do feta instead. Feta would take a little bit longer, the cultures are a bit more expensive, and I'd have to make up a batch the day before so attendees can see what it is like after it's been salted, so the class would have to cost a tad more.

1 comment: