As I was milking my goats this morning, the following things kept running through my head.
You Didn't Build That
"There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)
If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help."
When did Americans start believing that our success, our ability to achieve something, comes from the government not God?
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
Declaration of Independence
“After we win this election, it’s our turn. Payback time. Everyone not with us is against us and they better be ready because we don’t forget. The ones who helped us will be rewarded, the ones who opposed us will get what they deserve. There is going to be hell to pay. Congress won’t be a problem for us this time. No election to worry about after this is over and we have two judges ready to go.” Valerie Jarrett- Sr. Obama Advisor
Payback for what? For exercising our right as Americans to vote for whomever we choose? For standing up for our values and beliefs?
"The ones who helped us will be rewarded" - Is it up to the government now to pass out spoils?
"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." -- Barack Obama, January 17, 2008, San Francisco Chronicle
Before Obama, we had $1.80/gal gas and heard over and over what a problem that was. Now we are paying almost $4 and the media is silent and apparently people like it because they just asked for more.
We said no to a pipeline and have shut down drilling in the Gulf while sending billions to Brazil so they can drill there instead of us!
It's not just the cost to fill your tank either. Just wait until the coal industry is well and truly shut down.
EPA Crackdown on Coal
"On the eve of the 2012 election, more than 50 of President Obama's EPA staffers are crashing to finish new greenhouse gas emission standards. The rules would make the construction of new coal-fired power plants nearly impossible."
And yet coal counties in Ohio and PA went blue. Even if values are out the window, what happened to self-preservation?
I'm out of time for now but I'll leave with a list of other things that are bothering me. Maybe I'll get some pictures of fuzzy animals on here later. I think we could all use a pick-me-up.
- Benghazi- We have 4 Americans dead.
- Hurricane Sandy- Have you seen pictures from Staten Island? The response has been no better than Katrina, yet the media is silent.
- ObamaCare- Is here to stay and we still don't know what's in it! I just saw last week that there is a tax on all real estate transactions! That will really help the housing market.
- Devaluing the dollar- Just saw this morning that the dollar is down against the yen this morning. The Obama reelection is opening the flood gates of quantitative easing.
- Gay Marriage- It is God's place to judge, not mine, but the Bible clearly lays out marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
- Fast and Furious- Gun running to Mexican Drug cartels
- Now this- http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/us-arms-treaty-un-idUSBRE8A627J20121107 Should have known the 2nd ammendment would be high on the hit list.
In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes. Judges 17:6