Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tortillas


I decided to make some tortillas for the freezer. Why I decided to make a quadruple batch, I may never know. I was frying tortillas for 4 hours!

Here is the recipe I use:

1c All Purpose Flour
4c Freshly Ground Whole Wheat Flour
2t Salt
2/3c Olive Oil
1 1/2c Boiling Water

Mix dry ingredients. Work in oil with your hands. Add hot water and mix with a fork until absorbed. Pour out onto floured counter and knead until smooth.

Form dough into golfball sized balls. Cover with plastic and let rest at least 1 hr (or up to 8). Press and bake.


2 comments:

  1. Thats a long time to be making tortillas!! they are time consuming though. But they taste so much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too long! But it's nice to know I have them in the freezer and they're so much healthier, tastier, and cheaper than their store-bought cousins.

      Delete