Thursday, April 23, 2015

Clipping

Linear Appraisals are only ten days away and the rain put me behind getting everything ready. Yesterday, two of my goat friends came over and helped me clip. We got three girls done and I was able to get a little done on two more last evening. 

I don't know how these show people do it. I know that they are even more careful with their clip jobs than I was! By the time we got done clipping, the girls weren't too thrilled with having to take pictures.


Linear Appraisal is a program offered by the American Dairy Goat Association (ADGA) where a judge comes out and scores your animals based on their conformation. Here is a link with some more information. http://www.thegoatspot.net/forum/f183/adga-linear-appraisal-program-110751/

The purpose of this is to get an expert opinion on your herd that will help you make breeding/ selling/ culling decisions going forward. I am nervous and excited to see how my girls do.

Finally, little Zuzu's Petals is doing great. Lulu has realized that she's supposed to feed the baby. Mama and kid are doing great. Today, they'll be allowed into "general population". 

No comments:

Post a Comment