Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Staying Afloat

It has rained, and rained, and rained some more here. I can hardly stand it anymore. Thank GOD the sun is shining today.

We were having torrential downpours on Sunday when I drove to north GA to pick up our new buck, Bubba.  The drive wasn't too bad, but when I got home I found this mess. The runoff debris bent the fence around the buck pen making it impossible for me to open the gate!

So there I was, cranky after 6 hours in the car, with a little out-of-sorts goat on a lead, trying to get the gate open. I tried to call my husband only to find that my phone was dead. Not battery-dead, jacked-up dead DEAD. It seems like a little thing now, but I was ready to cry.
 It all worked out in the end and Bubba is here safe and sound.
In other news, UGA's Southscapes magazine did a piece on our farm for the Spring 2015 issue. I couldn't be more proud. Putting those Ag degrees to work, we are!
Kidding season should wrap up today. Lulu is as big as a house and has almost lost all of her ligaments. Think pink! I'd love to be posting pics of two bouncing doelings this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get the doelings your wanting.
    Good article. I wish I had the guts to eat wild mushrooms. We have different kinds growing all over our place now, but I'm terrified I will eat poisonous ones.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete