Saturday, July 6, 2013

Still Raining.....

It's rained every day this week and we have a 60% chance of rain today. I got caught in a downpour last night when I was locking the animals up. I am truly at my wits end.

While I was harvesting blueberries (in the rain) yesterday, noticed that there are dead baby bees in front of my hive. I'm concerned that something may be really wrong with them, but of course, I can't check in the rain!!!

All of my tomatoes split and the plants are getting very diseased.

I made soap last week, which was fun. Some of it got a little darker than I'd like, but it's still pretty. I've been meaning to put up another batch, but I've been too busy caring for all these animals in the rain.


I still haven't had any interest in my bucklings. I guess I'll have to take them to the sale. I have no experience with that, so it's a little nerve wracking. I really just want them out of here. I told hubby that I was going to wether them and see how much our local processor wants to butcher them. I hope not too much, because they won't be very meaty, but I'd rather send them to freezer camp than haul them to the sale.

1 comment:

  1. Kristin, sounds like me here. Seems like every blog I read this week is about all the rain. I have been looking at my bee hive too and worried about them. It's been too rainy to check inside the hive. But I don't see nearly as many bees. I hope they haven't swarmed. But when I put my ear to the hive, I can hear them. And I am really smelling honey. I have lifted the lid and there are bees inside. I just want to go in and see what's going on.

    I just might have to take my 2 bucks to the butcher too. Goat sausage is sounding pretty darn good right about now. Good luck with yours. And your soap looks great!

    ReplyDelete