Monday, August 6, 2012

Random Musings from an Overworked, Homeschooling Farmer

Today is supposed to be the first day of school. All my life school began the day after Labor Day. The week prior was the Maryland State Fair, held just down the road from us, and all us kids would be there everyday enjoying summer's last "Hoorah".

Now it is 8:15, my kids are still in bed, the goats are bah'ing to be milked and third grade textbooks are looming as large as this thunderstorm that's threatening to have me milking in the rain. Up until Saturday, my children were telling people that school starts in 3 weeks. I think I need to work on my communication skills.

With much prayer, the school year will be launched this week in between farm visitors, a barn raising (Thursday and Friday), houseguests (Thursday and Friday) and a huge chicken butcher day on Saturday. We had a whole lot of interest at the Homeschool luncheon last Wednesday. I pray that interest translates into 50 sold chickens!

Happy Monday, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment