Saturday, March 16, 2013

One Big Happy Family


I have been stressing about Asher since I brought the bucklings home. Bogo is just so tiny! Ash could crush him faster than he devoured that dozen Super Bowl hot wings.

Yes, I know he's a great Pyrenees and he was bred to do this job. But the goats are so tiny and he just wanted to play with them!

For 2 days I left the babies locked in a stall only letting them out when Asher was leashed. Finally today, armed with a water gun, I let the three meet untethered. It took a couple sprays, but Asher quickly got the message that he was not to paw or mouth these little goats. I am so relieved!

I am still locking the little boys up when I'm not out to supervise, but another day or two like today and Asher will have earned my trust as a babysitter.

1 comment:

  1. Cute babies! I hope everything works out well with Asher ☺

    ReplyDelete