Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Triple Cropping


Mom, Cole, and I got the rest of the spring garden in on Sunday. We'd planted more broccoli, cauliflower, onions, and a few other things before the skies opened up in February. Some of the little plants didn't take it well but some will make it. Sunday we planted lettuce, carrots and seed potatoes.

I need a bigger garden. We have three planting seasons here and it's difficult to get everything rotated in. Problem is, our soil is horrible (it's taken me 8 years to build the healthy soil in the garden), if I expanded I would need to expand the electric fence to keep the deer out, I have limited sunny space, and I'm basically a one woman operation- I don't have the time nor energy to care for more. Okay, so that's a lot of problems. Looks like I will have to keep working with what I've got.

Trixie is doing alright. She's still eating well though she doesn't want to spend any time on her feet. 18 more days.

2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks pretty big to me! We are expanding ours this year too. I'm hoping to pen up the chickens so I can unfence all of my gardens.
    Glad Trixie is doing good ☺ Not that much longer, hopefully her babies come early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget we also planted beets!! --signed, Mom (AKA Betty Ann :) )

    ReplyDelete